Unofficial rules: Be kind, be respectful.
What will get you banned:
- Anything illegal.
- Intentionally creating a QOTO account to circumvent people blocking you.
- No hate speech, We define hate speech as any kind of communication in speech, writing or behaviour, that attacks or uses pejorative or discriminatory language with reference to a protected characteristic, in other words, based on their age, disability, ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, nationality, sex or sexuality.
- Being a bot (unless you post unlisted and do not auto-follow)
- Any account setup to advertise a product or service
- NSFW without a content warning
- Spoilers without a content warning
- Blocking of moderators is prohibited since it interferes with their ability to moderate content. However if you do not wish a moderator to comment on your posts outside of official moderator communication such a request will be honored.
What won't get you banned:
- Hurting someone's feelings in respectful discourse
- Unpopular opinions voiced respectfully will be fine, so long as it doesnt violate our other rules.
- Personal differences that can be solved by a personal block
- Lewd jokes
- A bot where all posts are unlisted
We are all adults here, act like it. Despite our belief in freedom of expression (free speech) we want to create a space where people are respectful to each other. Don't disrespect people; if they disrespect you then block them and move on. If we get a report on one of our users then an administrator will reach out to the parties involved and try to mediate a peaceful resolution. We will talk it through like mature adults. Lets remember there is a person at the other end of the screen, if we can be mature in real life we can do it here too.