What will get you banned:
- Anything illegal.
- Intentionally creating multiple accounts to circumvent people blocking you.
- Being a bot (unless you post unlisted and do not auto-follow)
- Any account setup solely to advertise a product or service
- NSFW without a content warning
- Spoilers without a content warning
What won't get you banned:
- Hurting someone's feelings
- Anything that can be solved by a personal block
- Lewd jokes
- A bot where all posts are unlisted
We are all adults here, act like it. Despite our belief in freedom of expression (free speech) we want to create a space where people are respectful to each other. Don't disrespect people; if they disrespect you then block them and move on. If we get a report on one of our users then an administrator will reach out to the parties involved and try to mediate a peaceful resolution. We will talk it through like mature adults. Lets remember there is a person at the other end of the screen, if we can be mature in real life we can do it here too.
One important social etiquette is not to abuse the 65,535 character limit on posts. Don't abuse the limit by posting long non-sense posts. You should have good use to make a post that long, and only original content you wrote (otherwise link to it if you can or have a good reason you cant). Furthermore ALWAYS but a Content Warning (CW) on any posts longer than about 1,000 characters. If you violate this rule an administrator or moderator will kindly ask you to delete and repost with the appropriate CW.