2021-03-17, 08:47, Wednesday
Yesterday I was on “Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry” in actual cinema and here are some thoughts on it.
A documentary film about life or rather performances of Billie Eilish. It shows the process of song writing with Billie’s brother, Finneas, and tours, and some of the struggles. There are some things that impressed me and that I’d like to mention.
- She is 19 this year and got popular 3 years ago, I couldn’t pull that off in my 16 or even now.
- Her parents are a huge part of the success and even survival. They both played music for her and her brother, they taught them and encouraged them. In a sense, I would not like to be Billie Eilish, but I would like to someday be as good as a parent.
- If you have ever seen the videos of her jumping during “bad guy” - she spained an ankle at one of them, had fairly severe complications because of it and kept going, along the lines of “the worst thing isn’t not giving the show, the worst thing is giving a crappy one”.
- Pet spider! So cute.
- She writes songs with Finneas, her brother. By the way, he has a music project of his own called “FINNEAS”, as opposed to “billie eilish”. Worth checking out.
- Popcorn in movies is sooo overpridced these days. Buying some snacks in advance was the best financial decision of the year, honestly.