I intentionally avoided the Republican primary debate Wednesday night. I’m not listening to anything that any politician says anymore because there’s a 90% chance that they’re lying when they open their months.
But just out of curiosity, did any of those bozos mention any of the following? (not rhetorical, please let me if you watched the debate)
- UBI (Universal Basic Income)
- Banning the burning of fossil fuels
- Making oil companies pay for all of the pollution they put into the air
- Holding the CDC and other public officials accountable for killing more than a million Americans during the pandemic
- The fact that more than 100 people are dying each day right now from COVID-19
(Did any of them even wear a mask during the debate?)
- AI is about to wipe out 50-80% of the jobs on Earth
- Equitable tax system that eliminates all deductions/exemptions, and applies tax to the top line of the income statement
- Supreme Court is for sale to the highest bidder
- Limiting Congressional salaries and benefits to the median income
- Elimination of nuclear weapons
- Humans are about to become the number two species on the planet, behind sentient AI
- More than half of all people don’t have equal rights because of who they are
(My guess is that they spent most of the time talking about which soccer team boys and girls should be playing on in school sports; or how to keep brown people out of the country.)
>"Watched the whole thing (out of a possibly misplaced sense of duty). As you may have guessed none of these topics was broached."
At this point, I feel duty-bound to boycott all politicians and the mainstream media.
QOTO: Question Others to Teach Ourselves
An inclusive, Academic Freedom, instance
All cultures welcome.
Hate speech and harassment strictly forbidden.