Attached a picture of the QOTO swarm’s resources for those who are curious.
Some interesting facts about the #QOTO cluster for those who are curious:
- Runs as a docker swarm, so easily scales as needed and services can move between computers in the cluster.
- Runs on a 7 computer cluster.
- Utilizes only about 5% at most of its CPU potential
- CPU has burst capability, so can go well beyond 100% for momentary high loads.
*Utilizes 33% of the memory (this includes caching). Almost all of the memory is from Gitlab.
- Requires half a terrabyte of on-disk size, with an additional 2 TB for used currently as shared disks.
- Supports 12 different services right now: fediverse-bots, discourse, wikijs, funkwhale, gitlab, 5-node load balancer, nextcloud, peertube, piwig, qoto-mastodon groups server, and two different monitoring tools.
- These 12 services run as 60 different interconnected docker containers spread across the cluster.