So I decided from now on Im signing all future documents in Gothic Blackletter.
"To help some of the newcomers make connections: name 5-7 things that interest you but aren't in your profile, as tags so they are searchable. Then boost this post or repeat its instructions so others know to do the same.""To help some of the newcomers" #introductions
"Give a man a match he will be warm for a minute, light a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life" -- The Osiris Child
A land survey done in 1772 related to the Dartmouth college land dispute. It was done by one of my ancestors (8th great uncle) Jon Freeman.
Not only is it a cool family artifact I managed to acquire but it also has a lot of value considering the importance to Dartmouth history.
Interesting fact of the day: Despite the misinformation in the news both Bumblebee 🐝 and Honey Bee populations are at an all time high for the last 50+ years.
there was a legitimate scare about 12 years ago, a momentary crash in numbers. But since then it has recovered very well as can be seen from the charts.
I couldn't help myself.
My warning signs for who not to get close to (and certainly don't date!):
1) If they always want to hang out with you, talk, or see you when they are single but you barely hear from them when they are dating someone.
2) Someone who doesnt want their significant other being close friends or hanging out alone with someone of the opposite sex.
3) Someone who is always in a relationship and when they are single is constantly looking for the next one. If they spent more of their lives with a SO than without, no go!
4) Anyone who thinks you are the best thing since sliced bread right after you meet them.
5) Anyone who tries to slip in stories or anecdotes that make them intentionally look like a desirable person and leave out the bad stories. The easiest way not to come across as attractive is to try to "sell" yourself.
6) Dishonesty of character, which relates closely to #5
Thanks for the instance. It is one of the nicest I've seen. And it may well be the most interesting local feed as well.
One small (and I think easy) suggestion I have is to change your favicon to be something a little different from the other instances. Maybe something orbiting the M like a planet or electron or something? That would just make it easier to click the right icon on my shelf and to find the correct tab when you are watching other instances simultaneously.
Dijkstra Shortest Path algorithm, which finds the shortest path between 2 nodes in a graph, was developed in 1956 in 20 minutes while Dijkstra was relaxing on a café in Amsterdam with his fiancée. His algorithm is still widely used today.
I am starting to relate to this artist...
Anyone need a 55-gallon drum of sex lube? Only 1500 bucks, thats a steal!
So its official, I am a direct male heir to English Royalty/Nobels. Specifically Henry Freeman from Fremingham the Baron of Glastonbury (Family's crest attached for eye candy). I'm also descended from an individual who came to America on the mayflower.
Attached is a link of my full family tree if anyone wants to check it out.
So I learned today I am a direct male aire to Edmund Freeman (Founder of Sandwich Mass. A gentleman from england). He, and by extension me, were Armigers by English law. That means I have a right to an ancient Coat of Arms recognized by the British royalty/government.
After some research I found that the Coat of Arms I inherited, and used by Edmund looked like the following (Recreated it myself from the official Blazon). The motto"Liber et Audax" means "Free and Bold".
I’m thinking of 5 numbers such that their mean is equal to their median. If 4 of the numbers are 14, 8, 16, and 14, what is the 5th number?
Please CW answers and hints in your responses.
What part of Antarctica do you live in?... The north!