#TIL that slave ships were trailed by sharks that quickly learned that slaves were so routinely thrown overboard- with many dying from yellow fever.
SO MANY SLAVES were "thrown to the sharks" (also led to origin of that phrase) that it changed sharks' migratory patterns. Some types of sharks still follow the transatlantic slave trade route
Also, even if there was a "skip" option for facial recognition by Xhaayos, this is NOT OK.
1. There's no info on their data usage so it is NOT informed consent
2. Most ppl don't know risks of giving facial data, so portraying this only as a convenience is disingenuous from chaayos
4. We don't know what kind of other data this facial info is being linked to. We don't know what kind of info this data will be compared with from other external databases
5. Biometric info is a permanent username+password. Should not be used.
6. This is sensitive personal info. What kind of data security practices does Chaayos have in place?
. @Chaayos doing facial recognition instead of OTP. I took this video today.
1. No terms&conditions displayed
2. Consent isn't real when there's no opt out option
3. We don't know if chaayos will sell this data/gives itself the right to
People! Newslaundry is hiring!!
Send your applications to email@example.com
-How to use ReactJS to build a front end application
-ES6 functionality, including concepts like promises and async/await
-Git and Version Control
-Knowledge of working with APIs
-Understanding of backend structures
Rajya Sabha is dealing with an existential crisis.
This is what is listed for discussion today. Like... wow.
And the best thing is, you can login with you're #Mastodon account
Login with your username @ the instance that you are on, for example: "@firstname.lastname@example.org"
Kashmir - An Artisan soap as complicated and layered as #Kashmir. - https://vidyut.info/shop/soaps/kashmir-artisan-soap/
The design of this soap will keep changing as you use it and new layers are revealed - do see the photos of the making in the link.
I poured heart and soul into this soap. It is expensive, but whether you buy or not, do check out the page. Read description, see photos of the inside. Would mean a lot to me that it reached you.
Let us not forget Kashmir.
Now Playing here... Gustav Mahler, courtesy of WNED, Classical music station in Buffalo, NY.
Live streams on the internet too.
I've been asking people around me what is holding them from using Mastodon (even after some of them joined), and I got 4 reasons:
1) Not many people here
2) Can't find people here even if they're here
3) It looks very complicated, especially the instances thing
4) Doesn't seem too different from Birdsite so why bother
For people to adopt this platform, these four points need to be addressed. And that too in ultra-simple non-nerdy language.
T.N. Seshan (1932-2019) | The man who cleaned up the Indian electoral system
What every civil servant ought to be.
When you check a profile of another user you will see the number of people who follows his and who are followed by him but if you click on.that number you can't see the entire list of people. Instead you can only see the ones of them that you just know.
That's alsi by design and that's also an anti-harrassment tool.
Let's check real life: in real life I dont walk around with the list of my friends attached on my neck and neither of you (hopefully) does.
So, if you cannot discover new people by checking who is following who, how can you find and meet new people on Mastodon?
By t-a-l-k-i-n-g, socializing and discuss things. If you boost a post of your friend you are presenting him to all your other friends and so on.
Mastodon emphasizes real human socialization instead of espionnage-style exploration of profiles
Amateur Photographer | Tea Guzzler
QOTO: Question Others to Teach Ourselves
An inclusive, Academic Freedom, instance
All cultures welcome.
Hate speech and harassment strictly forbidden.